Small Steam Engine
(Redirected from 1/4 HP Steam Engine)
These were sold as kits for real power - from 1/4 hp to 2 hp - in 1900 - https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015071457801;view=1up;seq=362
And these are available today as castings.
- Requires machining - Ebay
- This is a promising appropriate technology when mixed with Saturated Water night time storage to provide night time power
- Storage cost is 1/2 of battery storage - see Terrajoule
- Heating of saturated water could occur with combined-heat-power stove in winter, and in summer, with PV and solar concentrator.
- But, for higher efficience steam engine - check out - Variable Cutoff Steam Engine.