CEB Press/Manufacturing Instructions/Soil Shaker motor unit
< CEB Press | Manufacturing Instructions(Redirected from CEB Press Build Instructions/Soil Shaker motor unit)
- Various Wrenches
- Crescent Wrench
Note: NPT means national pipe thread, and refers to the interior diameter of the hoses. NPTM means a male end, and NPTF means a female end.
- Thread tape
- Shaker motor
- 1/2" NPT Needle Valve (1)
- 1/4"x12" NPTM Hydraulic hose (1)
- 1/2"x36" NPTM Hydraulic hoses (2)
- SAE 4M to 1/4" NPTF Swivel (1)
- 1/2" NPT Hex Nipple (2)
- 1/2" NPTF Tee (1)
- 1/2" NPTM to 1/4" NPTF bushing
- Thread tape is necessary between each connection unless otherwise stated.
- Always wrap thread tape clockwise when facing the threaded portion.
- Always keep the end caps on hoses and fittings until you need to take them off. They need to stay protected inside.
- Clamp the motor in a vise so that the side opposite the shaft is facing up.
- Remove the plug and install the SAE 4 adapter. This connection (and any others with an o-ring in general) doesn't need thread tape. Remove from vise.
- Your motor will probably have fluid in it, so take care that the fluid doesn't leak everywhere when you remove the plug.
- Clamp the needle valve in the vise and tighten a 1/2" nipple into it. Remove from vise.
- Clamp the Tee in the vise and tighten the other 1/2" nipple on one side of it then flip it over and tighten the needle valve/nipple to it.
- Rotate the tee in the vise and tighten the bushing and then the 1/4" hose into it. Remove from vise.
- Clamp the motor in the vise as shown in the photo.
- Remove the 2 plugs for the ports.
- Install the Tee/needle valve/ hose assembly in the left port when facing the SAE fitting. See photo.
- Get it tight, but make sure the hose is facing the adapter so that you can get it to the SAE adapter.
- Tighten the 1/4" hose to the SAE adapter.
- Tighten one 36" hose into the needle valve, and the other into the other port.