Fri June 5, 2020
- 70% business loss
- Classic shredder/extruder combo -
- Injector - 60 injectors made. Takes a lot.
- Nobody is building the Pro
- BOM - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Lxjf18IIPvAGDSyj3Mgu82NhVF4AmeHptwvmrgrhuyU/edit#gid=1259853839
- 5 cm solid - Pro shredder could do it.
What are we solving for?
- Mindset to consider, make, or understand open source
- People are scared that someone will steal it.
- Documenting for others to replicate
- Now it's lame - just simple docs - https://community.preciousplastic.com/how-to/rapid-fire-method-for-injection--300-face-shields-a-day
- Not collaborative design - but showcasing
- It doesn't really work - people are not making money with it.
- Superskilled, super patien, superresourceful - required to make a plastic business.
- Machine making is a way to make a living
- Forums of PP died - intentially. They say Discourse + Showcase.
Why is Guenther succeeding?
- Customer experience - documentation, updates, etc.
- Conclusion: we need a product. People will join producing it.
- Bounties. Etc.
- Don't want to be tied to a database
- Wants Jekyll - add minimalistic system
- Doesn't want PHP, mysql - no way
- Has integration with github
May 1, 2020
- Precious Plastic- sells equipment to schools
- OSE wiki is outdated