OSE Proposal Vision
Our vision motto and specifications are:
Global Village Construction Set - The Tools, Hardware, and Knowhow for Open Source Villages 
- Program applicable at various scales, from a farm to a small city
- 100% economic sustainability via a robust economic base
- Entirely off-grid and self-sufficient in food
- Miniature city-state
- Our first particular implementation is a world-class Open Source Product Development facility
- Education center for right livelihood and land stewardship
- Viable option for those who want to check out of bondage and to evolve to freedom
Note that our main vision may pertain to two applications. The first is the explicit proposition above - an integrated Global Village community, with a particular flavor of a research, enterprise, and learning community. The second is a subset of the first: enterprise incubation and dissemination for any of the endeavors that are created as a result of our work of developing integrated Global Villages. This dissemination program takes the form of open source business concepts for various integrated enterprises.
Both applications are pointed out in order to in attract a wider support base: those who are not interested in the entire Global Village scenario can still benefit from the enterprise incubation aspects of our work. The enterprises span a broad scope of endeavors (see ii. Enterprise section below), and are focused largely on infrastructure development for living and working. The enterprises are a good starting point for transformative economics and right livelihood, as opposed to mass jobs for the masses.
We are interested in collaborative development of an infrastructure for the Global Villages of tomorrow. At this stage, we are interested in developing not only the infrastructure, but also the means by which others can have access to this infrastructure. This means is distilled to an explicit fundamental end-point for this development project: optimized fabrication or production facilities for delivering the liberatory technologies of interest to a wider audience. This is in addition to open source documentation, with which one may replicate this work independently.
The context for us is the following. We at Factor e Farm  are interested in deploying production capacity for all the 16 technologies of interest at our facility. Why? We are interested in such advanced production as a means to support our R&D program. We are not tied to having all development prototypes produced at Factor E. However, we are interested in eventually integrating all the 16 technologies on our site - as part of our ongoing experiment regarding the limits of localization. The technologies of interest include technological tools and devices, as well as plant propagation, edible landscaping, animal husbandry, land stewardship, and other ecological functions. We are aiming at an integrated ecology for living and working as change agent entrepreneurs. We focus on engineering of technologies because technology is the substance upon which civilization is built. If we address the mastery of material needs provision for people, then we are well on our way to becoming good stewards.
- Global Villages philosophy for physical villages has been articulated by Franz Nahrada: http://www.give.at/ ; http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?GlobalVillages/Definition
- Global Villages are the living communities of the future – such as productive farm/industrial operations, intentional communities, land developments, living/working productive communities (enterprise communities), co-working and living sites, and other villages of the future peer-to-peer economy. Our particular goal is to create a community as described under Vision.
- See blog at http://blog.opensourceecology.org/ . Our name is explained at http://blog.opensourceecology.org/?page_id=2, and our improvement concept is similar to Factor 10 Engineering at http://10xe.com/subpages/tunnel.html