Recruiting 100 People in 60 Days
(Redirected from Recruiting 100 People in 180 Days)
Notes on keys to success for this specific example:
- Candidates skipped an interview step if scored well on initial screen
- 2 different start dates (Dec + Jan) to simplify onboarding
- 2 week training
- 5% acceptance rate
- From actual interviews, we got 25% acceptance.
- A figure of 5-10 hour per week recruiting commitment was mentioned. Assume this was the majority - then 7.5 hr * 40 people * 8 weeks = 2400 hours of recruiting time for 100 people - 24 hours per person? Way too much. Initial screen of 2100. Assume initial screen was a few minutes per: 2100*5 min=170 hrs. 40 interviews at 30 min - 20 hrs. That is about 200 hours so far.
More Success Notes
- This is information work, so work from anywhere is possible. Relevance to OSE - can do remote production option.
- Clear guidelines - for who they want
- Recruiting team - several weeks, 5-10 hrs per week with a team.
- Qaulifications->2100 candidates->100 hires - 1/21 acceptance.
- High score on initial screen sent candidate directly to onsite interview with hiring manager
- Mid score people got second interview, and a batch interview process on site: 40 candidates interviewed in one week. Batch session was 4-30 minute interview with role play as customer.
- To hire 12 builders, first 4 in the first month, then 8 more as soon as cash flow is proven. Note initial hiccups with legal as we work out the builds.
- Screen down to 50 candidates from initial screening application (4 screened candidates per position). Accept 12 excellent candidates. Save names for later as we grow: if we have more successful ones, we simply offer later starting dates.