Open Source Robotic Tractor
(Redirected from Self Driving Tractor)
Playlist and First Video
With Computer Vision
Autonomous Test Run with MicroTrac
- Matt Droter - bringing the team together; kill switch. ROS Agriculture, see posting and Gazebo model at - 
- Jeremy Adams - driver update for IMU, ROS packages integration
- Marcin Jakubowski - open source tractor + solenoids
- Ian McMahon - Gazebo model - MicroTrac in Gazebo.
If you would like a short description of ROS there is one here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL1_Ue4rUWs
The gazebo package for the MicroTrac isn't completed yet. There is still some work for it to work in Gazebo.
Here are some links to the project and tutorials
- Robot Operating System - ros.org - Getting Started Guide
- Gazebo Simulation - gazebosim.org
- Tutorial - http://wiki.ros.org/ROS/Tutorials
- Online Training - http://www.theconstructsim.com/
- Books - Programming Robots with ROS
- MicroTrac Simulator Repo
There are also great video's on youtube for ROS. Here are a couple:
- Gentle Intro to ROS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKIOb6lyrlI
- Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njLKRlxVUac&t
ROS is a large topic but this will give them an overview.