Source Separated Organics
(Redirected from Source Seperated Organics)
- A system where the customer separates all compostable matter from their MSW stream ahead of time
- Allows for large scale Composting and/or Anaerobic Digestion of a large portion of a MSW stream
- Can be abbreviated as SSO (and is in some papers etc), however this can be easily confused with Single Sign On
- Aided by usage of anaerobically digestable/compostable bags (PLA or Paper typically?)
- The Wikipedia Page on Source Seperated Organics
- A 2012 Biocycle.net Article titled "Managing Compostable Bags At Anaerobic Digestion Plants"
- A 2013 Biocycle.net Article titled "Anaerobic Digestion Of Compostable Bags"
- A PDF Entitled "Biodegradable and compostable bioplastic bags in anaerobic digestion"