Zinc Aluminum Alloys
(Redirected from ZA Alloy)
- Alloys that met at low temperature (431C)  and have 60ksi tensile strength. They display the low melting point slightly smaller than that of zinc, with strength significantly greater than that of aluminum (45 ksi). .
- Majority of composition is Zinc - commonly - 8, 12, 27%
- ZA alloys not only show the best melt/strength properties of each component metal. They show IMPROVED melt point (430 compared to 660C for Aluminum) - strength (30% stronger)properties compared to their components.
- As such, ZA are magical ingredients for the Desktop Foundry.
- ZA 12 is machinable and 120 Brinell Hardness, same as mild steel