Zinc Aluminum Alloys
(Redirected from Zinc-Aluminum Alloy)
- Alloys that met at low temperature (431C)  and have 60ksi tensile strength. They display the low melting point slightly smaller than that of zinc, with strength significantly greater than that of aluminum (45 ksi). .
- Majority of composition is Zinc - commonly - 8, 12, 27%
- ZA alloys not only show the best melt/strength properties of each component metal. They show IMPROVED melt point (430 compared to 660C for Aluminum) - strength (30% stronger)properties compared to their components.
- As such, ZA are magical ingredients for the Desktop Foundry.
- ZA 12 is machinable and 120 Brinell Hardness, same as mild steel
- Stovetop production of ZA alloy - 
- Wikipedia - ]
- ZA Alloy Bushings
- Melting temperatures, hardness, and other properties - 
- $5/lb 
3D Printing and Housing Applications
- Zinc and ZA alloys melt readily at around 420C, as low as 375C - and can possibly be 3D printed through a melting nozzle.
- Zinc is also the materials of galvanizing - a critical ingredient of lifetime design with metals.
For Hot Dip Galvanizing
- ZA alloy with a very small concentration of aluminum is used in galvanizing to reduce the thickness of the intermetallic alloy layer