1-Day Design Sprint on the Microcar
Goal: design, via remote collaborative sessions, an open source car based on Yann's velocar and build a functional prototype <- we'd need to refine this carefully.
Possible project team: Marcin - project director Yann - technical director Catarina - production director Rob - documentation director
Requirements for production session:
- Engineers (breakdown TBD)
- Venue w/ enough space, fire code compliance, electricity and heating
- Production equipment
- Accommodation + travel for participants (if we offer this we'll get more and better volunteers to choose from)
- Sponsorships to cover all of the above (venue, equipment, catering, travel, accommodation)
Considerations regarding dates:
- We talked about early December, but I worry that we may not have enough time to get funding and I'm not sure if it's a good idea to have an event like this smack in the middle of the holiday season.
- I'd strongly recommend January as that would not only give us more time, but we'd have little to no competition (there are very few hackathons in January).
- Define the goal and rules very carefully in collaboration with Yann
- Pick tentative dates and location
- Prepare informational materials for potencial sponsors and participants
- Draw up a tentative budget
- Approach Red Bull (at this point everything might change as they may suggest different location or dates)