D3D v20.04.27 Future Work
(Redirected from 3D Printer Recursion)
Specific Immediate Items
- Simplify Universal Axis from clamshell to monolithic for Motor and idlder side.
- Retain carriage side, or fix it? Only compelling reason is taking the X axis off. But we could redesign the X so it can be independent of the Y. If we take off X with 2 bolts, service on X or Y allows for whole X and Whole Y to be taken off easily - the Y does not mix with X.
- Put a 6 mm set screw hole into the bottom z axis holder so it doesn't slip when moving the printer. It holds against the stop of the clip.
- Chamfer corners on endstop holders, they are sharp.
- Bed attachment - do clips that wrap around the bed flange, as opposed to magnetic. Saves one outsourced part.
- Too much cleanup on X-Y joints. Rework the production engineering so that printing can be by default more clean. Probably do a joint between one-piece motor and one-piece carriage.
- Is any of this due to print settings and/or nozzle size?
- Get a shear for cutting PEI easily
- Kit packing - visibility of components is inspectable by numbers in a couple minutes via Visual Workshop
- Nest full part kit print on one bed.
- Do a 2-head printer and 4 head printer for production purposes.
- Print motion stop hole 1 mm smaller so threads don't strip
- Enlarge hole in weightholder - too small for wide string
- Wiring - desing snap-in wire clips - snap in to frame, no tape needed.
- Develop FDM 3D Printer Print Profiles for various materials to make it even more plug and play (less, if any failed prints due to the best settings being pre-determined)
- D3D Toolchanger and/or D3D Toolheads
- fix the Y carrieage to X pieces so both carriages are external.
- Print pulleys
- Print belts
- Make heat sinks with CNC
- Make heat breaks with CNC
- m6x4x12 flanged bearing - make from bearing balls, then make bearing balls
- Make the m8 roller skate bearing
- Printed split wire loom
- Heater block sock - silicone rubber injection with 3D printed forms
- Heater blocks + nozzles - screw machine. Nozzle can start with round stox, hex is placed on round, with no machining on round part. Clamp design.
- 2 and 2.5 mm hex bits.
- Springs for extruder. Note it goes down 10x in cost for 20000 springs -