3D Printer Workshops Analysis of Industry Standards
A summary of results will be published here after a one month data collection period - by April 1, 2016.
RepRap Forum Threads
- Thread where thetazzbot has same one-day workshop and similar workshop plan spreading ideas as D3D. Suggested kits: Reprappro Fisher (repo with GPL licence, build instructions), folgertech 2020 prusa i3. Note on Fisher: I (Tobben) has built one of these myself. It's not what D3D wants.
- Thread where beginner decides which Prusa i3 kit to order. Community ends up recommending Makerfarm's kit.
- Thread where printmate3d.com founders present their workshop-friendly Prusa i3 design. Sadly, it has a non-commercial licence. Their design can be found here.
- Matterhackers workshops jan 2016
- botbuilder.net does Prusa i3 workshops, lists suppliers and uses libre licences. Fantastic! Instructor John Abella would be interesting contact for D3D.
- BCN3D hosts 1-day intensive RepRap workshops. Doesn't include build though (they have 3-day workshops for that). The printer they use (BCN3D+) is expensive (740€ per kit), but is libre (MIT-licence), CAD files are step. Found here. Build manuals here.
We have just today released stable source of Troublemaker V2: https://github.com/IRNAS/Troublemaker2
It can be built in one intense day, we will have instructions much like http://instructions.koruza.net ready shortly.
KITs will be available from http://fabrikor.eu this week, I will get back to you with the cost once I receive the final calculation. Parts are all generally available and could be ordered also from folger or some other supplier, BOM is on github if you want to check.
Extensive web searching on May 18 2016 collected in this list: File:Assembly workshops data collection through web search.ods