3 Month Immersion Program
- Modular design of program:
- OSE Boot Camp - 2 week immersion in open source product development process, software, design, and hardware builds. Prerequisite providing basic competency in open source product prototyping including heavy machine prototyping. One week on-site, one week off-site. OSE boot camp provides basic training. This is the entry level OSE program, with no prior requirements. Limit 8 people.
- 3 Month-long immersion development based on Distributive Enterprise Development. Each month focuses on 1 machine under development. CEB Press build, Eco-Tractor Build, and OBI Seed Eco-Home. Schedule is 2 seminars per week, and a collaborative Final Publication for a completion certificate (build procedure using WikiFab + Scribus).
- If a person completed the 3 Month Immersion Program - they qualify to take subsequent 1-month development modules.
- Attendance of at least one OSE/OBI workshop.
- OSE Developer for one development cycle (3 months) prior to application
- Project Proposal and Interview, based on product roadmap of OSE
- Proficiency in FreeCAD 101 and Kdenlive 101
- 2 week OSE Boot Camp at beginning of program
- Building your own 3D printer (small prototyping) and CNC Torch Table (full metal fabrication) to take home with you.
- Open Source Microfactory Academy - 2 week intensive program
- Participation in a 3D Printer Build Workshop
- Final project - building a sawmill and CEB Press
- One month off site, 3 months on site
- Immersion Students make significant progress on developing OSE machines
- If the relationship is not working out, the individual may leave or be asked to leave after a 1 month trial period on site, with a refund for the remaining 2 months.