8 mm Rod
Precision CNC Machine Applications
From 3D printing to more precision
- Zinc galvanized rods don't rust, but may be rough? McMaster $9/6 feet - 
Look up Thomas Register - 
- Stainless - 
- Metalbythefoot - 5/16 hot rolled is $3 for 10 feet at Metalbythefoot. $7.50 for 1016 cold rolled. $16 for 304. All 5/16", not 8 mm. McMaster is $21 for 10 feet of 304, 5/16". 10' of 12L14 is $10 for 3/8". Want to consider moving to larger rod. About 2x less expensive than McMaster - summary: no more McMaster rods. When it comes to local sourcing, 8 mm is simply not an option.
- Get quotes on rod.
- 2017 year end - $2.6/ft for good stuff.
- More 2017 - $1.75/meter, but shipping is almost twice that. This is chrome plated but soft rod. $1.5/ft fo soft stuff.
- $3/meter for chrome plated rods including sea freight, based on a 1 ton minimum order- $1/ft in bulk for good stuff.
- $4/foot from Aliexpress - 
- $4.6/foot on amazon - 
- $10 for 1 meter - Folgertech - 
- Specifications included - . $7.10 for 355 mm
- How about less hard rod and plastic bearings? See about IGUS plastic bearings - 
- Igus - $8/bearing - 
- Reddit thread - no consensus - 
- Igus external bearing dimensions are not the same - 
- This reddit includes comments on Lulzbot rods - 
- Press fit vs non-press fit IGUS - 
- Drylin from Folgertech - $1.25 - 
- 8 mm oil impregnated bushings -