Team Culturing Information
last updated: 4. September, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name - Aaron
- Location (city, country) - Portland, America
- Contact Information (email, phone, Skype) - aaron (at) tarfman (dot) net
- Introductory Video - http://www.flickr.com/photos/60961560@N00/3026593692/in/set-72157607894122095/
- Resume/CV - I have been using Autocad for 15 years and more recently Autodesk Inventor and Solidworks (4yrs and 1yr respectively). I have a well grounded knowledge of construction drawings and have the ability to produce 2d and 3d assembly drawings for small and large scale fabrication
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
I very much appreciate the open source culture. I use Linux (with VMware for cad) and feel that supporting each other is of paramount importance.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
It shows on your site that you have need for computer aided design. My cad skills are highly developed and if this can be of use to you, than I'm happy to share with you.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
Developing technology that people can create on the local level to maintain civilization removes power from those who abuse it and empowers the individual and community.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
- What are you missing in the project?
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
Open Office, Autocad, Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks, Architecture, Low energy building design, human-powered vehicle design
- How have you already contributed to the project?
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
creating cad construction drawings or 3D animations of existing designs
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
at this time 5 hrs per week. more as the dark winter days approach
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
if you find that my services are sufficient to offer a salary, I would happily work for $10/hr. If a salary does occur, than I could certainly offer more time.
- Are you interested in Dedicated Project Visit?
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
do not know at this time
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment - a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology - as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.