Abrasive Tools Exam
- Video yourself cutting a 1" shaft, cutting 1/2" off the end of a 1" cold rolled shaft. Use the rotating shaft method.
- Post your results to OSE Workshops Group on Facebook as a short video.
- Start your Work Log, put an entry named Abrasive Tools Exam, and link to the Facebook page where you uploaded your video.
- Take a right angle measure of the cut end, and show how close you are to perpendicular. Add this as a comment to the video you posted on the OSE Workshops Group
- On your Work Log, answer the questions below.
- After you have completed your exam, add your results (links to your pictures, videos, and Work Log) to a new page with "your name Metal Fab Certification" under the Category:Metal Fabrication Certification.
- What is the rotating shaft method of abrasive cutoff saw cutting?
- What are the 3 common grinder sizes by amperage?
- What are the 3 common sizes of grinding wheels for angle grinders?
- Can you operate a 5 amp grinder with one hand? Can you do the same with a 15 amp grinder?
- What is the importance of using angle grinders when it comes to the matter of safety of the machine that you are building?
- What is the typical size of an abrisive cutoff saw wheel?
- What is the largest solid rod size recommended for cutting with an angle grinder?
- What is the use case for using grinders for cutting off something instead of using a torch?
- In what cases should you not use an angle grinder guard?
- How do you replace a motor brush on a grinder?
- Can a grinder wheel shatter and fly in your face?
- In what case scenario does an angle grinder put a lot of force on and possible endanger the user?
- Can a tiny grinder spark penetrate your cornea?
- In what case is there a danger of breaking, overheating, or shorting out a grinder motor, either on an abrasive cutoff or on an angle grinder?
- What safety equipment is recommended or required for using a grinder or abrasive cutoff saw?
- How long should it take to cut a 1" shaft on an abrasive cutoff saw with a 1/8" abrasive cutoff saw?
- How do you minimize the hardening of cutting stock when using an abrasive cutoff saw?