Accounting Problem Statement
The simplest and most transparent accounting mechanism is proposed so that it does not require more than 1/2 hour of work per month:
- All money raised is categorized
- All purchases are made via credit card or check and are annotated on an online account on an ongoing basis.
- All receipts are saved.
- The accounting is a monthly statement printout, which is also published on the wiki on a protected page for transparency.
- Quarterly totals for money raised and money spent is tallied from 3 monthly statements in a straightforward manner.
- Money in = money out.
- All this is handed over to an accountant to fill out form 990.
- What is the expected time commitment to file form 990, April 990
- How do we handle True Fans donations with respect to the Fiscally-Sponsored OSE Project? What are the requirements for accounting.
Is this a workable plan?