Team Culturing Information
last updated: 3. May, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name - Adam Haynes
- Location (city, state, country) - Akron, Ohio, USA
- Contact Information - ARGHaynes (at) gmail (dot) com
- My hobbies and interests are best described as collecting new hobbies and interests. I love to learn and am a rabid consumer of information. Because an extension of learning is application and communication, I also enjoy teaching.
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
I believe that OSE represents a piece of the emerging puzzle of the next level of evolution of human society.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
GVCS will provide an amazing platform for independent communities.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
I need clear goals to fulfill.
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
The project needs a clear and formal expression of its capacity that addresses the needs/interests of different groups of people (i.e. College Administrators, Teachers, Philanthropists, etc.). I am hope to help with this.
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
I believe myself to be a clear and precise communicator of the written word. Furthermore, I have found myself to be rather skilled at research and obtaining a clear vision of the "bigger picture." My degree is in education and most of my experience revolves around environmental education. However, my true passion is in community development. From a practical standpoint, the moshavim and kibbutzim of Israel have more to offer on a practical level than the communes of the 60s or religious communities of modern-times.
- How have you already contributed to the project?
I have started participating in the forum, I hope to increase my involvement.
HOW can you help?
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
Yes. My available time varies by week, some weeks I may be unable to do anything, others I may have a fair share of time to dispose.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
Yes. Perhaps the most useful skills I could offer revolve around communicating information, developing an informational schema and curriculum development.
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
Yes, very much so.
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment - a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology - as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.
I am quite interested and would enjoy exploring this idea further.
- What things would you do if we hired you?
- 1- Create an educational network connecting schools to OSE.
- 2- Write to newspapers and magazines to create awareness.
- 3- Develop and promote a curriculum to teach to adults, college groups, altruistic organizations and high schoolers, both hosting and visiting according to requests.. The initial focus would be on developing courses on (1) Open Source Economics (2) Open Source Ecology (3) The GVCS and Community Development
- 4- Integrate myself into OSE to the degree that I will be able to provide introductory courses to individuals arriving for the community experiment.
- 5- Help develop a community organization plan for the community.
- 6- Handle onsite tours.
- 7- Write grants.
- 8- Develop the skills over the next several years necessary to help with community planting as we seek to develop 1000-cubed.
- 9- Refine my skills to the degree necessary to help in developing/teaching a college level cirriculum for Angora university.
- 10- Aid in building the infrastructure necessary to support the community, applying my knowledge of basic construction, water systems, waste management and food production.
Wait-ing for me to respond to these things in better detail
- Do you endorse open source culture? (yes)
- WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work? (positive change)
- Are you interested in teaching about the GVCS? (yes)
- Are you interested in applying the GVCS to third world development? To redevelopment of crisis areas? To development of derelict areas in the developed world? (yes)
- Are you interested in the potential of the GVCS for developing local food systems? (yes)
- Are you interested in doing academic studies/papers, publishing books, or doing other analysis of our efforts? (yes)
- Are you interested in building renewable energy production facilities based on open hardware (solar concentrator electric, wind, biomass power)? Are you interested in building resilient communities based on access to the GVCS? (yes)
- Are you interested in creating a bug-out hut using GVCS technologies? (yes)
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project? (invite and direction)