Team Culturing Information
Last updated: May 1, 2012
WHO are you?
- Name - Adam Szoke
- Location (city, country) - courtenay, BC, Canada
- Contact Information (email, skype, phone) - adam (dot) szoke (at) gmail (dot) com
- Picture -
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV - for now, see list of skills
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
I believe that OSE has the potential to blast off into hyperspace.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
the global village construction set is a good template for technologically empowering communities at the local level.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
i would like to be able to contribute my own independent research in my specific areas of interest easily and efficiently through either wiki templates or forums.
- What is missing in the project?
i dont know yet.
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
i have only become aquainted with the project for a few months and havent had time to form any suggestions of improvement. when i do i will post them.
WHAT are your skills?
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
i have been living on agricultural land for several years and in doing so have been dabbling in a lot of these subjects - recently - last summer i started building my own home out of local and recycled materials, 2 winters ago i built a travel trailer home and blogged it here http://tinyhometeardrop.blogspot.ca/
ive built a vertical axis wind turbine
i build furniture
i built a cnc plastic extruder
i use 3d design software
ive been dabbling in geopolymer research
i am currently a project coordinator for a local building cooperative
i make cheese
- How have you already contributed to the project?
word of mouth
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
yes but only from where i am currently located at the moment
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
- Are you interested in a Dedicated Project Visit?
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment â€“ a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology.