Team Culturing Information
last updated: 22. July, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name - Agustín Amenábar Larraín
- Location (city, country) - Santiago, Chile
- Contact Information (email, phone, Skype, Twitter) - baamenabar (at) gmail (dot) com, +562 918 0224, baamenabar, @baamenabar
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV -
For starters, our work as web designers. (Last updated, 6 months ago) Medula Diseño
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
Of course, since I have profited a lot from it.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
This is the kind of honest, down to earth projects which will truly may change our world. Also I feel there's much for me to learn from this. And would be a way to contribute back to the OS community.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
The idea of post scarcity economy in conjunction with durable, repairable goods, is something with what I commune a lot. I know a lot of places where this project would do great good, specially in developing world like Chile, but education is also an issue.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
This is my first step, we'll see how that works out. Mostly is a problem of time, hence money.
- What are you missing in the project?
Desalination plant or moisture capture for dry climates, or coastal deserts.
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
- How have you already contributed to the project?
Just sharing the word.
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
Yes. I have considered almost full time work, for about 10 continuous days. By a weekly basis I can give from 4 hours weekly.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
I am interested, in average I charge US$ 25 per hour.
- Are you interested in Dedicated Project Visit?
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
wasn't until you asked here; now I am.
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment - a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology - as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.
Yes absolutely, but my wife has her concerns, but is interested also.