Alexander Van Parys Piergili
Team Culturing Information
last updated: 17. May, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name - Alexander Van Parys Piergili
- Location (city, country) - Santo Antonio do Pinhal, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Contact Information (email, phone, Skype) -
alexvpp (at) ecossistemas (dot) net
- Introductory Video -
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
I live on a sustainable farm, and have been seeking for sustainability and self-suficiency frameworks for more than 10 years. I believe on the purpose of the project, want to learn more and implement the technologies at my farm. Yes, i endorse open source culture. Until now, I only knew about open source software ( I use Joomla in all my websites) and just now I am getting involved with open source hardware.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
I believe in the purpose of the project, and after some years of living on a farm, I realize how important machines can be to make the projects more reliable.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
It empowers small groups to achieve a high level of technology development, far beyond the low-tech culture of other sustainability movements. It takes advantages of the modern technologies in favor of self reliance.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
My farm workshop needs to be finished (more 2 months), I need to develop some basic skills (metal working, welding etc.
- What are you missing in the project?
A simpler and more straight to the point information system.
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
Urgently improving project communication and manuals.
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
I am very skillful in ecological agriculture in general. I am also well versed in renewable energies, website building, organizational culture building.
- How have you already contributed to the project?
Only financially, yet.
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
I can do Brazilian Portuguese translations for the website, wiki, documents and videos. I can contribute on the agricultural part, and also on website building.
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
yes, about 10 hours per week.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
- Are you interested in Dedicated Project Visit?
yes, but no schedule for that yet.
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
well, yes, but based in Brazil @ my farm. Maybe creating a Brazilian arm of the organization?
More info about the farm here: www.sitiogralhaazul.net
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment - a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology - as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.
Well, not at this point.