The use of aluminum aligns this battery with GVCS core capabilities. The aluminum battery is not rechargeable. It produces electricity while consuming the aluminum. The aluminum is dissolved into the electrolyte and can be recovered as the battery is recycled.
They are use once batteries that produce electricity while consuming the aluminum. The aluminum can be recovered when the battery is recycled.
Primary Aluminum Air Battery 1990 (4925744)
The patent drawings for the 1990 Aluminum Air Battery Patent 4925744.
- ALUMINUM-AIR BATTERY - 1971 (3563803)
- Method of utilizing empty aluminum beverage cans to provide an energy source - 1982 (4322483) (Patent)
- Primary aluminum-air battery Marilyn J. Niksa et al - 1990 (4925744)
- YouTube Demo Project: How to make an aluminium air battery
- On wikipedia
- Aluminum has crazy energy density