Team Culturing Information
Last updated: August 2, 2012
WHO are you?
- Name - Andrew Dodson
- Location (city, country) - Fayetteville, AR
- Contact Information (email, skype, phone) - andrewmdodson (at) gmail (dot) com
- Picture -
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TY1lS1mb1zpHKEZ3-NLjOPB0_9vk783YBqnVGm87-ns/edit
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
It is the future. The quicker we create the tools to escape out of the money trap system, the more valuable I am to myself and the future.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
I am somewhat local and feel I have a specific skill set that is needed to move forwards.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
I think you are going to feed one village at a time. The world can watch and do as it will. I suppose the idea is that everyone LIKES the idea and the begin to emulate, but just because one has a wonderful idea it does not guarantee propaganda.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
I need to finish my graduate degree. I am willing to work on a remote basis to begin with but would like to take a month off to come up and help yall towards the end of the year.
- What is missing in the project?
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
WHAT are your skills?
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
Electrical Engineering, General Construction
- How have you already contributed to the project?
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
Power Electronics development
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
4-10 hours per week
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
If you wanted to pay me to help, I will not turn the money down!
- Are you interested in a Dedicated Project Visit?
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
Perhaps after my obligations here are fulfilled.
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment â€“ a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology.
Yes, let us illuminate the globe ;-)