Annual Budget Report
The Annual Budget Report is a summary of the actual spending and revenue of OSE, verified with bank account statements.
Use the template below as an example.
Annual Report Infographic Base:
Protocol for 2014
It took 2 hr 40 min to set up spreadsheet template and fill it out from bank statements, minus the infographic below.
- Download all statements from Bank of America.
- Fill out Column I and P in above spreadsheet for the Monthly Revenue and Spending using the cover page of monthly BofA statement
- Look through revenue - should have a quick breakdown of donations, speaker fees, workshop revenues, etc. Use other for refunds or unfamiliar entries.
- Look through details of spending to detect overhead costs (quick scan for utilities, phone, internet, water electricity, insurance, web hosting, domain registrations, etc).
- To balance revenue, use a formula in column H to subtract total revenue from known revenues
- To balance costs, use a formula in column J to make Prototyping + Infrastructure any spending that is not salary, travel, fuel, or overhead.
- Look at Eventbrite and total the workshops revenue + spring break revenue
- Look at PayPal to determine the total money received in first and last month, and average that to derive an annual revenue