Team Culturing Information
last updated: 6. May, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name - Antoine Malouin
- Location (city, country) - St-Marc-Sur-Richelieu, Canada
- Contact Information (email, phone, Skype) -
antoinemalouin (at) hotmail (dot) com
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV -
Studies in Environmental Design at Université du Québec à Montréal consisted of:
- Industrial Design
- Urban Design
- Graphic Design
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
I trully believe in Open Source Culture. It is the most efficient tool for innovation and a beautiful vehicule for community principles and values.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
To share, to learn, and to embrace and promote the Open Source Culture as cause full of hope.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
By giving people the tools and the knowledge to be much more autonomous within their own environments.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
- What are you missing in the project?
I think that in a near future, GVCS should expand to much more than agricultural and construction tools and devices.
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
Start to integrate the project and its philosophy to schools and academic institutions to educate and sensibilize younger generations as soon as possible.
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
Design - Natural Building - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - Product Design - Languages (traduction)
- How have you already contributed to the project?
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
I would like to help with the visual presentations and with CAD programs. After a welding formation, I would also really like to start building the tools myself.
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
As long as it can be done by distance or on the computer, I'm willing to put 10 hours a week on this project.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
Not interested in being paid so far!
- Are you interested in Dedicated Project Visit?
I'm interested, but my student schedule wouldn't permit it for the next year at least.
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
Not as long as I'm still studying!
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment - a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology - as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.
The project sounds amazing. If I'm out of the university by then, I think I would really like to try the experiment.