Team Culturing Information
last updated: 16. September, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name - Baptiste Darthenay
- Location (city, country) - Valence, France
- Contact Information (email, phone, Skype) -
bapdarth (at) yahoo (dot) fr
0033 610 76 98 99
batisteo (at) jappix (dot) com (jabberID)
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV - http://cv.baptiste.darthenay.fr/
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
I use as many FLOSS as possible. On my laptop, I can choose between 2 OS: Frugalware linux & Ubuntu linux. I forgot how to use Photoshop and MS Office, but I love Gimp & LibO! I worked in the Open Source Center at Atos. I'm mainly implied in OpenStreetMap. My regret: SolidWorks' still close-source :/ Waiting for FreeCAD…
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
I discovered the OSE project by the TED Talks, just few months ago. And I very recently discovered the Transition movement. These two initiatives seems to be similar, and I think it's the meaning of my life: how to prepare a global collapse, due to economy, ecology or lack of gaz?
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
Maybe to be paid? Then I shouldn't need to find a stupid job. Or to live with you (Missouri?).Anyway, I need to work in a small team on a interesting designing project.
- What are you missing in the project?
Me! hahaha!Maybe money and arms. Ideas are already there!
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
Do you realy design in inches? I thought it was an international project… :/
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
Well, I'm a mecanical engineer, so it is quite generic and it's on my cv (cv.baptiste.darthenay.fr), but I've got a few experience.It's about CAD (SolidWorks), design, engineering, fabrication and product design.
- How have you already contributed to the project?
by speading the project :)
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
- Are you interested in Dedicated Project Visit?
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment - a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology - as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.