- This is a method for seismic reinforcement of masonry structures, though it can be used for other building materials as well.
- Hear explanation of the Basket Technique for earthquake reinforcement at https://youtu.be/IuQB3x4ZNeA?t=1735
- Concept: use mesh on both sides of the wall, and cross tie 2 meshes through the wall.
- Requires that mesh span around the bond beam, sides, and bottom
- World Housing Net Adobe Reinforcement Tutorial - describes some of the techniques Hallock refereed to. Start on page 13.
- Construction Manual for Reinforced Adobe with String Mesh(Spanish) Language Agnostic Diagrams pg35-45
- Powerpoint from PUCP on the subject Start at slide 25. Mentions Geogrid as lath
Translated PUCP Construction Manual from 2nd link above
- Fibalath - 
- Cost of 50 cents per square foot
- $80 for 39.5" x 55' or 181ft^2 or $0.44ft^2
- Basalt mesh - 3x more expensive - 
- Metal lath - $7.50 for 16 square feet or 47 cents/sf
- Stucco wire - 17 ga -10-13 cents/sf 
- Stucco wire - 20 ga - 11 cents - 
- Stucco wire - 17 ga - 23 cents - 
- Stucco lath - 28 cents/sf - 
- Chicken wire - 14 cents/sf - 
- Geogrid 35 cents/sf -  0.75in openings
- Geogrid microgrid. 0.1 x 0.25 openings ebay 24 cents/sf
- Chicken wire is 19-22 ga