- The plastic that has been washed ashore from waves, or been littered by people
- The largest componet of Beach Litter
- Typically most is degraded, and unidentified, but can be a source of Recycling and Waste to Fuels feedstocks
- The Wikipedia Page on Marine Debris
- The Wikipedia Page on Litter (Subsection on lifecycle, may need to make a dedicated page on wikipedia...)
- "Sources, transport, and accumulation of different types of plastic litter in aquatic environments: A review study"
- "Composition and potential origin of marine debris stranded in the Western Indian Ocean on remote Alphonse Island, Seychelles"