Type of Fastener
- Narrow crown staples hold well, or finish nails. . Screws typically not mentioned.
- 15 degree collated ring-shank siding nails -  (2.25", not in coil siding nailer)
- 2" finish nail, 15 ga - . Finish nails are more for trim than structural siding.
- 6D casing nail is 0.113" 
- Gauge table 
- 6D 13 ga finishing nail 
- Usable for walls and ceilings. Planks are used - . But what about sheets?
- Ceiling from 4x8 sheets - premium 1/4s every 4' - beadboard in between, agains drywall backing.
- Beadboard against drywall backing- 
- Using planks - 
Cost Compared to Drywall
- Drywall is the industry standard in the USA, but labor adds up -  - potentially much higher than beadboard. There is 'real beadboard' vs 'beadboard panels'. $600-1800 per 12x12 room! . 2000 sf house - $10k-35k
Do Not Do This
- This video appears to have no support on long edges. Will not be super flat. . Also, backing strips appear to be more than 2'. 
- Beadboard between joists - . A much easier way to do this is to avoid cutting beadboard into strips, hang up the beadboard, then put strips on at the end to simulate the 'beautiful look' of the joists. Less time and materials are needed for the latter.