Becoming an Electrician
Electrician vs Electrical Contractor
- Difference between the two - 
- Does an electrician signing on to a house build have to be a master electrician, or can they be a journeyman or apprentice?
- Apprenticeship - HVAC technician - 
- HVAC license - 
- Electrical Contractor License in Missouri - .
- There are no state license requirements in Missouri, only local level 
- Some cities do not require a license for electrical contractors. 
- Can an electrical contractor company have part time employees?
- An individual in a company can be engaged in licensed electrical contracting work without the individual having a license if the company has a statewide-licensed electrical contractor in its employ. . Ie, unlicensed individuals may do licensed electrical work.
- An electrician or electrical contractor business license is not the same thing as a general contractor's license. . Can an electrical contractor business license be given to a business that has a part time master electrician?
- Electrical contractor, Journeyman Electrician, and Master Electrician licenses are 3 licenses that exist . There are local licenses for the above, and a statewide license for an Electrical Contractor. Statewide license has more requirements - .
- Electrical contractor license in Jefferson City, for example, requires applicant to have (not be) a master electrician . There appears to be no requirement on full-time status of the master electrician.
- Online it says 5 years of full time work and 500-1000 hours of classroom instruction are needed for master electricians.
- On-the-job experience can substitute for classroom 
- Some counties don't require a license from electricians 
I would like to get an electrical contractor license. Can you please send me information on the requirements? And how I would go about applying for Missouri? Is there also a nationwide license?