Team Culturing Information
Last updated: January 9, 2013
WHO are you?
- Name - Benjamin Linville
- Location (city, country) - Canton, USA
- Contact Information (email, skype, phone) - bjlinville1 (at) gmail (dot) com
- Picture -
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV -
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
I didn't know open source had its own culture.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
1. I respect your boldness
2. I believe in freedom and love
3. I'm incredibly curious to see if I can successfully build the GVCS
4. Regardless of whether not my contributions benefit my life in any way, I believe that they will benefit others
5. I have suddenly found myself in a situation where I have access to labor, skills, and materials necessary for replication. It would be a crime for me not to at least attempt to contribute to this
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
I believe that the propagation of this knowledge has many applications to empower and equip individuals to build infrastructure in remote and poorly capitalized regions of the world, enabling them to address their own issues, whatever those may be.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
You should call me. three 3 zero two 6 seven eighty three ninety six
- What is missing in the project?
As I am not privy to all of your strategic plans, it would be presumptuous of me to say what may or may not be missing from your project. However, I will share with you that you may be missing an enormously powerful target market for your ideas in the rust belt. My assertion is based entirely my own experience with an admittedly small sample population, but during my brief experience sharing your plans with my coworkers, I have been very surprised by how uniform their desires for independence are, as well as their openness to the idea of essentially building their way to freedom.
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
A "START HERE" tab.
WHAT are your skills?
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
I have strong analytical, critical thinking, public speaking and organizational skills. I also really enjoy doing cost estimation, and leading small teams. I have an undue amount of confidence that the tasks I undertake will succeed, along with strong work ethic which results in far more successes than my small skill set should allow for. I currently employed as a welding inspector in a steel fabrication plant, so while my personal fabrication skills are shoddy, I have an immediate network that has ABUNDANT skills and knowledge in CNC, Fabrication, Electronics, Metallurgy, Engineering, and other such industrial skills.
- How have you already contributed to the project?
I have shared it with several co-workers and friends and have sparked them to join my efforts to replicate and donate.
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
We are going to replicate the machines. I am interested in collaborating with entrepreneurs to initiate open businesses, both remotely and directly. After reading the final question of this survey, I am now also interested in the possibility of taking part in the OSE Village experiment.
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
I desire to contribute, and would be open to discussing in more detail how we could work together.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
As I stated above, my desire is to contribute. I would be open to discussing compensation - particularly to cover some parts for my initial replication, and/or to develop clear assembly protocol for manufacturing - for our efforts.
- Are you interested in a Dedicated Project Visit?
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
No. I'm putting my resources to work directly
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
I haven't considered it before, but now that I think about it, I might like that. As with any employment, it would depend on many factors. It seems that we share many core beliefs and I desire to put my energy and efforts toward setting individuals everywhere free from Scarcity. I haven't analyzed your needs, but I would be open to exploring what opportunities there might be for me to contribute to your organization.
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment â€“ a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology.
Interestingly, yes. In fact, my wife and I might provide a fairly unique demographic that I would think you would be particularly interested in. We are 24 & 20 years old, and are expecting our first child this July. I'm not sure whether infants will be encouraged or discouraged for your initial experiment, but I would expect it to be a necessary segment of the population to test.