Team Culturing Information
last updated: 25. April, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name - Brandon Plunkett
- Location (city, country) - Canada
- Contact Information (email, phone, Skype) -
brandon_plunkett (at) hotmail (dot) com
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV -
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
I come from a small town, surrounded by agriculture. Many of my family members and friends are farmers. Furthermore, my dad is a missionary in Africa and I believe open source technology could make a huge difference in the lives of the people there.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
I believe that, through the use of OSE technologies, nations around the world can start to use their individual climates and natural resources for self-sustainability as well as the exportation of specialty goods without the economic hang-ups of expensive equipment and production costs.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
- What are you missing in the project?
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
Organizational - I have been a project manager for several medium and large technology-based projects. I have always completed my projects on time and under budget.
Leadership - I have managed over 20 people at a time that included both technical and non-technical staff. I fostered strong relationships with the staff I managed through mutual respect and fair treatment.
Communications - I have extensive experience in technical writing. I have written and won bids for projects worth tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars. I have compiled documentation of products for technical and non-technical personnel.
Computer support - I have been in the IT industry for over 15 years as a computer technician, network tech, instructor and HTML/CSS web designer. I hold several widely recognized certifications within the IT industry.
- How have you already contributed to the project?
I have not yet contributed to the project as I have just learned about it today. However, I am eager to get started and offer whatever of my skills that can be best utilized.
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
Technical writing / documentation
Proposal / grant writing
Online Promotion / PR
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
Yes I am prepared to volunteer. I am currently unemployed, so I have an abundance of time. However, when I secure employment, obviously my time commitment will decrease (unless employment is gained with OSE).
At current, I am prepared to offer 20+ hours per week to this project, dependent on job search and interview time.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
Yes! I am able to offer bid / grant writing skills, technical/non-technical documentation, project & personnel management, IT technical support, and marketing / online promotion.
My rate for services would vary, depending on which skills were utilized.
- Are you interested in Dedicated Project Visit?
Yes. I am interested. However, my wife is expecting our 5th child in late May, so my availability for such a lengthy visit may be restricted for some time.
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
I am currently an unemployed father of 4 (soon to be 5). My potential contribution is that of time, not finances at this time. However, when my financial situation changes, I would absolutely be a part of purchasing equipment.
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
I would bid for consulting work, should you have a need for my particular skill set.
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
I will be as soon as my credit card will allow me to do so!
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
It would be an honour to be a part of this project on a full-time basis.
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment - a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology - as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.
I think this would be the most amazing adventure of my lifetime! Sign me up!