Build Wheel Shafts
- Cut 1-7/8" shafts to 28"
- Cut 6" long collars from 2" pipe
- Label collar and shaft, as these are paired up and can't be confused between shafts.
- Drill 3/4" hole for wheel plate mounting through shaft and collar
- Drill through collar and shaft at the same time
- Weld on reinforcing nuts on collars
- Use 6" stub of standard 1-3/8" 6 spline shafting
- End drill 3.5" deep (on a lathe) the 1-3/8" receiver for 6-spline standard PTO shafting
- Torch out 3" long slit in 1-7/8" shaft, on two sides of shaft
- Plug weld spline shafting in hole, on lathe if necessary for alignment
- Trim the 6-spline shafting so that there is no gap between the shafting and the female coupler on motor.