CEB Press Log
Wed May 11, 2016
Some tasks for CEB completion:
1. Complete the PDF of instructionals for the CEB press on a module-by-module basis. See the 18 module instructionals. These are 95% done - they need to be formatted better, some pictures need to be filled in, and assembled into one master PDF. The hard part may be the control system integration, which requires procedure for calibration, startup, and troubleshooting of the machine. To this, we have to comb through to quality control checkpoints - which are not documented well, and I would have to go over with you. There are critical points about alignment, finish grinding, etc - which need to be made explicit in the instructional so that even novices can check their own work quality. 4 weeks.
2. Complete 2D fabrication drawings for the CEB press using FreeCAD. 2 weeks.
3. Produce a complete video for each module build, about 2 minutes each, tightly edited like my 2 FreeCAD instructionals, using Kdenlive. This means that we are actually building the complete machine, with you taking video, including setting up a good time lapse. We have a good Canon camera and tripod. We would do a careful script for each module, such that you would work from the script to do the videos. I may want to narrate the videos for brand familiarity. We would post all our source video on youtube, so that new edits or updates could be made as needed, for which reason we also want to upload the Kdenlive files so others can build from them. 3 weeks
4. Generate detailed exploded part animations that show how each module goes together. These detailed animations would be included in the video - where the video includes exploded part animations, video of actual build, videos of me discussing the build procedure - on a module by module basis. 1 week.
5. Organize and clean the workshop, prepare work tables, lay out tools and materials. We are currently planning a CEB 1-day build workshop for August 27 - so you would be helping prepare this event, and help run it as an assistant. The workshop is currently a mess - we need to prepare it well. 2 weeks.
6. Generate DXF cutting files for the CEB press using FreeCAD Path Module, and generate Gcode files for the OSE CNC torch table (under development). Test the CNC torch table cutting. Document the workflow for this using FreeCAD. 2 weeks.
The idea is: the complete PDF, combined with 2D assembly drawings, and the video - provide the most exhaustive and complete documentation set that took us years to get to this point - and which will be released to the world as a 100% proven product. This is actually quite big for OSE - as this can become our first machine that gets widely replicated around the world because of its cost and performance advantage.