CNC Circuit Mill/What
"CNC" "Circuit" "Mill"
- CNC (Computer Numerical Control) - control the machine with computer programs!
- Circuit - deals with electronics!
- Mill - rotate and move tool bits to remove material from a workpiece!
How Does It Work?
- Movement of the milling bit usually is limited to 3 axes.
- Stepper motors rotate their shafts in discrete increments
- As the leadscrew rotates, the leadscrew nut moves in a line along the axis of rotation
Example CNC Circuit Mills
- Mantis Machine 9
- ProtoMat H100