Team Culturing Information
Last Update: 18. January 2012
WHO are you?
- Name - Cait Sweeney
- Location (city, country) - Oxford. UK
- Contact Information (email, skype, phone) - caitsweeney (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
- Picture -
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV - will post this later
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
Absolutely, we need a new way forwards, a different way of doing things, to redress the balance.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
Your vision and practice are an inspiration! To begin with I am particuarly interested in building the 'liberator' CEB press, initially for a small studio build in my garden, but then to share with the wider community, documenting the process as it develops through design drawings, photo, film, blog.
Other aspects of the GVCS that interest me are the tools for building, farming and particuarly the mega core drill for water wells.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
In a multitude of ways....With an open source ecology, we can build a sustainable community globally, to give people the tools and ability to build their communities, grow food and live well.
To give the world something we can all share and have access to, not only in possession of a wealthy few.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
I need to spend some more time familiarising myself with the various aspects of GVCS and navigating Wiki. Living in UK so will collaborating by internet, would be very interested in a dedicated visit, but bit strapped for cash right now.
- What is missing in the project?
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
WHAT are your skills?
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
BA in Interior Architecture: Design and Practice
knowledge of Adobe Premier, photoshop, Indesign,
some film work
Visual and written communication skills
Some construction skills
- How have you already contributed to the project?
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
Art or Design work, would like to build the CEB press and feed back to you.
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
Couldn't commit to regular hours as a freelancer, but am keen to do what I can when I can.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
Certainly would rule it out, but happy to volunteer to begin with.
- Are you interested in a Dedicated Project Visit?
Yes, but would be quite pricey for me to get there from UK so one day maybe.
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
possibly at a later stage
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
No spare funds at present
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
Hmmmm, maybe one day but have too many other projects on the go at the moment.
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment – a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology.
As I assume that this community will be located in america, then this is not an option for me (besides the visa and such).