Team Culturing Information
Last updated: March 3, 2013
WHO are you?
- Name - Carolee Uits
- Location (city, country) - Columbus, OH and TZ
- Contact Information (email, skype, phone) - cuits (at) insight (dot) rr (dot) com
- Picture - being sent via e-mail
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV - I come with over 30 years of experience as an organizational, community and regional developer. Now retired, I work in North West Tanzania with mostly rural villagers in finding agricultural alternatives to climate change and subsistence farming, sustainable village health and maternal-child well-being, habitable housing, and economic development.
This empowerment model of constituent resourcing, and multiple projects over time build capacities for next projects they mutually agree upon based on their mutual vision. I seek potential investors and volunteers to "fill in the spaces" via technology, education, and added bodies to augment village-based solution models and to implement and effect them under local leadership and available resources.
My current main projects are to get a CBE machine built for multiple building solutions, a hospital revamp, and starting up a rural village health program (motorcycle nurse using telemedicine computer) and increasing agricultural output under climate change conditions.
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
YES. I am convinced that if people have things done for them they will not learn mutual self-help, pride, self-perpetuated motivation, and ingenuity from the experience. I also have seen that culturally, the people think differently about how to do things, in differing time frames, etc. than most outside funders do - which creates untenable situations. By using a self-developed answer, locals figure out how to fund projects and work toward completion of goals with much more follow-through and greater success which carries over into future projects.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
The cost of purchased equipment is too high and in an underdeveloped infrastructure, options for adequate transport of such items are too few and costs are prohibitive to the local people
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
In addition to what you are doing, create a "Doctors without Borders" volunteer program for Engineers and on-the-ground entrepreneurs and community developers willing to work with local peoples globally in building these machines teaching them to use them, and engaging them in their communities.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
Let's talk. Carolee Uits, 3941 Karl Rd, Cols OH 43224 +1 (614)449-1095 or in Tanzania, c/o Evangelical Lutheran Church in TZ, NW Diocese, SLP 98, Bukoba, Tanzania +255 756 035 317, firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is missing in the project?
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
Keep the website current
Keep up what you are doing!
WHAT are your skills?
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
Organizational, Community and Regional Planning, Project development and Evaluation, (displaced persons, abject poverty, health, housing, economic development,
Adult and Child Development and Education,
Public speaking, grantor program development, management, and evaluation
Jewelry Design and Manufacture
- How have you already contributed to the project?
Not your project but to the project of global equity, and on-the-ground solutions
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
Give me more time to figure how that can fit into what I already do.
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
I love the volunteer life but costs of volunteering are always something I like covered. Maybe the per-project approach could work - but we first need to talk.
- Are you interested in a Dedicated Project Visit?
Will check out the idea. Right now, I am working up my next TZ trip - loads to do, little money for travel costs etc. But interested.
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
Not unless a bootstraps group works for that
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
Probably not - I am having too much gratification doing what I do with a great group of people who have plenty to do.
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment â€“ a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology.
Cool! Living in community is great, the concept is on-target. At age 68, I would love to but think I need to stick with what I have to do. Too bad I am not younger -then I easily would be interested in your great experiment.