Team Culturing Information
Last updated: May 18, 2012
WHO are you?
- Name - Casey Hubbard
- Location (city, country) - Kent, USA
- Contact Information (email, skype, phone) - caseyhubb (at) gmail (dot) com
- Picture -
- Introductory Video - http://youtu.be/KqtbgqgH_jU
- Resume/CV -
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
I support the open source movement and culture with all my heart.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
I'm eager to help and learn from factor e farm. I have shop space, garages, a house, and farm land. I feel that with a local team I can contribute greatly.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
GVCS will give power back to the common man and will allow humanity to evolve past the consumer lifestyle.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
I want to work with a team to help produce hardware and spread the knowledge of open source manufacturing. I can donate almost all of my time as well as farm land, shop space, and garage space. I can also help house individuals involved.
- What is missing in the project?
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
WHAT are your skills?
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
Farming - 3 years experience with plants, raising livestock, basic equipment/tools operation and maintenance. Some education on ecology.
First aid / safety - CPR cert, HAZMAT training, 4 hours triage schooling. Former boy scout.
- How have you already contributed to the project?
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
I would like to help develop hardware and documentation for GVCS. I can write and/or video record as well as aid in manufacturing/prototyping. I can also plant, raise animals, and contribute with agriculture.
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
I cannot travel to Missouri but I can work remotely, up to 60 hours a week.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
I am interested mostly in volunteering.
- Are you interested in a Dedicated Project Visit?
Not interested in a Dedicated Project Visit at this time.
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
Currently no. I have very little money to donate.
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment â€“ a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology.
This is a dream that I believe I share with a great portion of the world. I have a passion for the open source movement and an eagerness to help in any way I can. Open source ecology and manufacturing will help all of us evolve from the draining, depressing consumer lifestyle.