Chris DeAngelis Interview
Logistics and Practical Checklist
- Did you submit a resume?
No. He will send that
- Please introduce yourself and what position you are applying for (if not clear on position, it will be covered later)
Apprenticing - also interested in project management
- Are you interested in working on-site at FeF or are you interested in remote collaboration.
- Are you applying as a volunteer or for a paid position?
- Are you ok with a 2 week trial period? One month trial period?
- If it's the paid position, is $2000/month acceptable to you?
- Which track are you interested in (management or admin/apprentice/entrepreneur)
- When are you available?
After finals - may 19th through the end of August - likes the one month test
- How long will you stay with us?
- How did you find out about us?
- Have you seen my TED Talk?
- What do you care about?
People above all else, there are so many resources that should be available to everyone that aren't yet, we're all very lucky so he's not in it for personal gain, OSE is interesting, math and science and machinery are interesting and fun, gratification comes from doing something positive that helps future generations.
- What do you see yourself doing with us at Factor e Farm?
Mechanical engineering, CAD, apprenticing in the shop, hands-on stuff, focusing on one thing a day or month,
- Can you design?
Needs a reference to know what to create, sizing, he has done some assembly work in Catia and is confident he could do it, he has a laptop with windows/linux sketchup, catia, freecad, sketchup to gcode
- How does our work relate to your care?
- For that which you care about doing with us, what is your track record/work samples?
- Tell us about yourself.
- Tell me about the last 5 years of your life.
- What are you interested in getting out of this opportunity?
- What do you think is the best use of your time?
- What are your three strongest skills that you bring to this position? Substantiate.
- What are the principles you use as guidance?
- What are your professional accomplishments that you are most proud about?
- If you could investigate anything, what would it be?
- What are your most important resources?
- What are the qualities that are inspiring about you?
- What opportunities are you hoping to get?
- What inspires you?
- What are your outside interests?
- How do you add value?
- What are 5 of your greatest accomplishments in your professional history?
- What are 5 of your greatest failures in your professional history?
- Illustrate your creativity.
- What do you look for when hiring someone?
- Would you rather create strategy, design a solution, solve a problem, or create a process? Why that?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
What did you learn in your present job or position? How long would it take you to make a contribution to this company? What do you imagine that contribution would be? Why should we hire you? What can you offer that someone else does not? What interests you most about this position? What interests you least about this position?