Circuit Mill Problem Statement
CNC Circuit Mill Problem Statement
What is the best bootstrapping CNC circuit mill available that could produce all types of through-hole, single or double-sided circuits for prototyping?
- 6"x6" working area
- Ability to make circuits up to Arduino microcontroller clones
A possible solution is to use an existing open source cnc mill:
- Mantis Machine 9 - appears to have a boot-strappable stepper controller and microcontroller design that could be made on this $100 mill. Good points - $20 spindle; $100 for everything. Modify this to metal for stability, and this would make a great universal bootstrapping circuit mill to last a lifetime.
- SnapLock appears to be a robust bootstrapping mill, but the cost is $600 see bill of materials
- What would the performance of SnapLock be if drive was replaced with precision acme instead of ball screw, and even hardened threaded rod with brass nuts or something similar?
- Frame snaps into place, no alignment issues. Milled on a ShopBot
- MyDIYCNC - $580 for complete kit
- RepRap Prusa Mendel
- CNC Circuit Mill from Christian in Austria