CiviCRM is the open source contact relationship management. This would allow the GVCS to track all the contributors, generate team lists, generate email lists, generate donor lists, and help to manage conversations.
CiviCRM is currently installed for OSE at http://civicrm.opensourceecology.org/civicrm/dashboard for use by OSE staff.
What needs to be done
The goal is to have CiviCRM working without errors, and with the most important functionality that we need.
What do we need
- Be able to send email to a group of people based on a selected tag or group name
- See also: Project needs#Software
Steps to get there
- Use the system
- Check for any error message that may appear
- List and fix the errors
- Check for missing functionality that we need
- List and implement missing functionality.
What has been done
- "Email-to-activity" is working (see http://forum.opensourceecology.org/discussion/543/civicrm-email-to-activity-is-now-working/p1)
- Mapping API has been configured