- Soft, non ferrous metals can be cold welded - atoms actually diffusing into one another without heat.
- Can be a problem for Spacecraft, as the risk is amplified in space for various reasons
- For "Long Now" Type Timescales, is this a risk for components?
- To what degree can this be done "intentionally", and what methodologies are used for that
- Gauge Block Wringing (A Similar Concept where Ultra-Polished Gauge Blocks or similar metal parts will become "stuck" to eachother, without welding, solder or adhesive. Various explanations, not certain yet)