To help people who are getting involved with OSE to select a meaningful project to work on, OSE begins with these basic questions. If you would like to get involved, please answer these and email to marcin at opensourceecology dot org
- What skills do you have that may be relevant to developing the Global Village Construction Set (GVCS)?
- Which of the projects interest you? What constraints and flexibility do you have in terms of the project you select?
- Please provide work samples or resume that demonstrates your skills.
- How much time do you have available to GVCS development, and over what time period? Please propose a general timeline of the milestones you are intending to reach. This will determine the scope and size of your project.
- What other activities will you be engaged over that time period, and therefore, how many hours are you expecting to work on the GVCS per week? This helps us to assess how much time you can realistically contribute to the effort.
- What do you intend to contribute to the GVCS? How is that consistent with your own interests?
- What motivates you?
- Are you willing to put all of your results under a CC-BY-SA label or similar open license?
- When can you start on the development?
- What are any blocks that need to be cleared prior to you getting involved in OSE development, outside of negotiating with OSE?
- Are you interested in vising the OSE development center (preferably June - end of August, Factor e Farm, as part of the development? Where are you located, and what would be required to make a site visit possible?
- Please review the OSE 2 Year Plan and propose a statement of work - a timeline and milestones for what you would like to achieve by working with OSE.