Collaborative Literacy Principles
Types of Openness
- Academic OS
- Fake open source
- OSHWA/OSI licenses
- OSHWA Certification
- FSF Respects Your Freedom
Principles of Open Collaboration for the Open Source Economy
- Use open licenses
- More participation in basic procedure I more important than advanced tools
- OS can do anything, it just lacks an interface
- Use common tools#
- Use modular design
- Make roadmap transparent
- Make effort and budget transparent
- Provide training
- Provide certification
- Work for a livelihood, not hobby
- Use incentive competition s and crowd fund them
- Engage in pblic product development in physical events
- Do swarm builds to address social and labor force issues
- Combine edu and production
- Use an open source tech pattern language with icons
- Thinking long term,we open source everything. Such as using PhPList.
- Many producers are a good idea, like in Jeffersonian democracy.
- The time scale for transformation is by definition long
- We can do more by cooperation than by competition. Corollary: get rid of the patent system
- Opensourcng a Construction Set needs to happen only nce, as the CS is generative. It includes education and design guides.
- The solution for inequality in the world is not to accept it as a fact of life (think Untouchables) - but to work to bring everybody up.
- There are two types of work in the world: weaponry, and livingry (Fuller).