College Tour Dogfood Session
Colelege tour plan - see http://opensourceecology.org/wiki/College_Tour_2014
- Intro - 10 minutes. Teaching somebody how to Organize a Lecture Tour.
- Assignments - 15 Minutes to delegate and refine.
- Split into groups of 2 - 30 minutes
- Submit work product - Email your results to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Key takehome messages - 2 minute per group. 20 minutes
- Choose 12 best logistics scenarios starting end of January - work at https://docs.google.com/a/opensourceecology.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArpE5Y9PpJCXdE83VUtEMnJPb0pQOUs0UUV3ZUtJWGc#gid=0 . Product: list of 12 areas - with 4 1st pick and 4 second picks for each area.
- Write an adveretisement for recruiting a person to help organize this. Product: job ad.
- Protocol from Initial contact (who and how) to signing of Speaking Contract/MOU. Product - clear protocol. (KB: See annotations here, as well as e-mail.)
- Speaking contract. Take one off the internet, adapt to OSE. Product: contract template for use
- Internet search for schools with key SMEs - laser design, industrial robot design, bio plastics chemistry and production, open source hardware dev groups and programs worldwide - what univesities and institutes are they in? Product: for each of 3 - list top 6 schools and contacts.
- Fee negotiation protocol - Result: step by step protocol.
- List types of organizations that we should pursue at each university: result - a list of 24 groups/entities/channels that we should tap at each university. Also list secondary entities - besides top 50 universities
- Ad to students - and protocol for how we distribute this ad (end product - a few ads posted on bulletin boards (physical and virtual) - flyer announcement text - for why they should do a DPV that we will post/have posted when we get to the talk.
- Search for https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=cr&ei=7-V_UqCQIora0QXnwYDgBQ#q=college+speaker+series&start=10 and https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=cr&ei=7-V_UqCQIora0QXnwYDgBQ#q=university+speaker+series . Then generate a spreadsheet in google docs of top 25 choices to pursue. Product: list of college name - link to series information - contact name. Person 2 - Email template for suggesting a speaker recommendation via a third party.