Compression of Wood Gas Into Propane Bottles
Some aspects to consider
- the energy required to drive the compressor is considerable
- energy density of wood gas is low, much lower than natural gas
- more hazardous than diesel (carbon monoxide poisoning)
- possible corrosion to compressor (due to hydrogen)
- a research paper exploring the feasibility of storing producer gas from a wood gasifier in pressurized cylinders: http://www.scialert.net/abstract/?doi=jas.2010.406.412
- Forum Permies.com: "Compressed producer gas'"