- This page aims to develop a "Core Message" for OSE
- A 'core' message is a condensed message that helps explain what your goals are in an easy to remember phrase
- Mainly Useful for PR, and Explaining OSE to new people/groups (Funding requests, events, etc)
Possible core messages
About OSE in general
- "Creating tools for building modern off-grid resilient communities that can be reproduced by anyone at low cost."
- "Building the world's first replicable, open source, modern off-grid global village - to transcend survival and evolve to freedom."
- "Our aim is the full integration of flexible small-scale manufacturing with sustainable agriculture."
- "Evolve to freedom"
- "Inventing a new civilization on a shoestring budget"
- Messages from discussion in Forum
- "Building the world's first replicable, open source, off-grid Global Village"
- "Social transformation through off-grid villages"
- "Developing technology to enable easily copied high-tech resilient communities"
- "Open Source Ecology is a movement dedicated to the collaborative development of the world's first replicable, open source, modern off-grid global village"
- "The goal of Open Source Ecology is to develop an ecology of appropriate technology products and services that promote right livelihoods"
About the GVCS
- "Just tools for living"
Some notes on core messages in general
- To be effective, a core message must be short, simple and clear.
- Messages are shortened by leaving something out; there's no other way to do it.
- To say that one thing is "core" is to imply that other things are "not core".
- To be effective, a core message must be consistent.
- Inconsistency (using different core messages in different parts of the web site, for example) communicates indecisiveness.