Custom Fabrication Exam
These are basic competency requirements for fabrication at Factor e Farm:
MIG Welding test on mild steel:
- Weld two 1/8" steel flats at right angles to a tee post over 6' length
- Welding two 1/4 slabs together at right angle to make an angle for 6" length
- welding two 1" slabs together, butted to each other flat along a 6" length
Oxyacetylene Torching test on mild steel:
- Torching 1/8" steel over 12 inches length
- Torching a 1" slab, over 12 inch length
You may submit a video for approval.
General body awareness, self-awareness, and safety awareness are required. These are difficult to teach - they are a mindset that the participant needs to be equipped with prior to becoming involved in the workshop.