D3D Extruder Build Quality Control
Hint: This is outdated, valid up to August 2018. See 3D Printer Extruder for later work.
Kinesthetic-modular build instructions have built-in logic based on how a machine goes together. That logic - based on modular understanding - is visible to the builder. Procedural instructions are on the other hand dumb. The builder does not see integrated assembly logic. Kinesthetic-modular build instructions begin with understanding of the modular breakdown for a machine.
- Make magnetic mount against a metal plate
- Attach magnetic mount with small interior screw.
- Make hot end. With heater and thermistor and heat paste.
- Attach print fan with one screw
- Insert Teflon liner into throat
- Close body clam shell, keep mag mount loose.
- Fix print cooling fan
- Make idler
- Mount motor and idler
- Make heigh sensor and install.
- Attach print cooling fan nozzle
- Attach heat sink fan
- Bundle the wires with zip tie.
- Test thermistor
- Wire both fans with common positive, and separate negative. Test both fans on power supply
- Test probe