D3D Simple Expandability Value Proposition
From Open Source Ecology
- First, it's a 24V system (not 12V) so it can run faster at higher stepper motor speeds, and is more robust for overheating
- Comes with spring steel quick release plate print bed with BuildTak, but can be upgraded readily to a fast, insulated heatbed.
- Can be upgraded readily to a 12"x12" print area with BuildTak and flexible release plate
- Can be upgraded readily to D3D Pro by printing all necessary parts
- Can be upgraded to the Supervolcano and 2x2x3 working volume readily.
- Can be used to make parts for the D3D CNC torch table effectively using its 1.2 mm stock printing nozzle to produce parts.
- Can be readily upgraded to larger stepper motors - with an additional power supplly and using External Stepper Driver Module
- Can run 1, 2, or 3" Universal Axis system.